Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Mercer Island WA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninjatrader/Strategy Desk
Broker/Data: Various
Favorite Futures: TF/NQ/ES/Stocks

nakachalet View Post
the question is not....so what are we being protected from?

however, in reference to felton, he is a rare exception amongst vendors. i personally knew for sure that his trading setups as presented to bmt members, are applicable, tradeable and if and when properly and timely applied, would be profitable with consistency.

Hi, I've had a separate PC running 24 hours a day 7 days a week testing retail indicators including CCI, MACD, Stochastics, moving averages, RSI, Fibs etc. This involves millions of iterations of backtesting/forward testing and advanced financial analysis in excel. I concluded that none of them will provide consistent profitability over the long term.

In fact, I concluded that 95% of traders who make trading decisions using these indicators will either lose a large chunk of their capital or all of it. The problem is identifying the market changing from trend to chop is in my opinion an art and not a science. Filtering mechanisms are therefore of little help. Therefore Roger's system will get killed in chop. After all, the market is balanced 70-80% of the time.

So I strongly disagree with your statement that futures.io (formerly BMT) traders would be consistently profitable with Roger's system. My limited experience with people like Roger who say they successfully trade these retail indicator type setups is their success has come from their ability to read price action by default after trading for 10+ years. It's not because of the indicators themselves work, it's because they themselves have evolved without realizing they even need the indicators. In any case I have yet to see one single vendor who has offered to provide audited financial statements as to their consistent profitability. I have asked a few vendors but nobody has complied. Why is that? Because they fall into the 95% of losing traders mentioned above. As a licensed CPA I would welcome the opportunity to go through these documents in minute detail.

This is no reflection on Roger as he seems a nice guy, but the only vendors worth having in the forum in my opinion are those that are able to provide traders with the tools and insight on how to measure imbalances in market supply and demand and the ability to read market structure. If you can do those two things at a proficient or advanced level and have your psychology and money management under control then the chances of becoming a highly successful trader are much greater.

Cheers
DJ

Last edited by djkiwi; May 25th, 2012 at 03:07 AM.
The following 5 users say Thank You to djkiwi for this post: