Programs that find systems | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Programs that find systems

Banned: Repeated promotion of vendor site in numerous posts
London

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Amibroker, Multicharts
Favorite Futures: ES

I just downloaded Multicharts and Price Action Lab. The latter finds patterns and writes EL code you can use in Multicharts. I have tried it before but I did not have a lot of time to play with it then. I think patterns of this kind have more chances than indicators and data mining bias is decreased a lot since all patterns depend on OHLC only. I think genetic programming is a fancy term for curve-fitting. At least this is the purpose we used it for in college. I have heard that most hedge funds have given up on neural networks and genetic programming and now are using other methods for finding edges. Someone I know who worked for an investment bank before told me that genetic programming was a disaster for them. Maybe some fuzzy logic expert systems are better for this task.

Last edited by Timot; May 12th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.

Page generated 2018-11-14 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix