Vendor Fraud Keeps Going on | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Vendor Fraud Keeps Going on

Elite Member
Berlin, Europe

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: Keyboard

aligator View Post
@Fat Tails,

It was not my idea (and for sure it was not originally Raghee's idea either) and I said that, but I wrote the code when there were no NT7 versions and made it available as open code, you sure have done many of them.

A five-minute child's play, true. Also, a child's play to add color serialization to an open code, hell we do that all the time here. But, we don't make it into a dll file and package it as a bonus for selling other stuff.

@aligator: Thanks for responding. I absolutely agree with you here.

I would not call the vendors a fraud, but they are catering to unsupecting newbies and fools, selling overpriced indicators which can be easily found for free elsewhere. We are the ones who do the work for free, so we are inclined to cry foul, if somebody else collects money for selling the same indicators. Feels like we are paying taxes (working) and others are free riding using the public services.

But on the other hand, if I have made a piece of code public, it is public, so in fact everybody can use or modify it. If some fools are paying somebody else for the same stuff, that is not my business. There will always be fools and there will always be crooks to take advantage of the fools.

Also take into account that the fools want to be entertained, in the end they are getting their entertainment and the money may be well spent as it has served its purpose.

The following 3 users say Thank You to Fat Tails for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-20 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix