Which broker and/or data feed to trade FOREX with TICK charts? | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Which broker and/or data feed to trade FOREX with TICK charts?

near Paris, France

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Favorite Futures: -

I continue my investigation for a good tick feed for FOREX.

In order to appreciate the "density" of some feeds, I have counted the number of 500-tick bars they provided for EUR/USD in the 2-hour time window this morning (May 9th, 2012) between 09:00 and 11:00 (French time).

I am aware that it has no statistical value. It was just "to see".

Results:
- LMAX: 93 500-tick bars in 2 hours for EUR/USD
- MB Trading feed: 77 500-tick bars in 2 hours for EUR/USD << UPDATE
- FXCM within eSignal feed: 61 500-tick bars in 2 hours for EUR/USD
- ProRealTime: 38 500-tick bars in 2 hours for EUR/USD
- Interactive Brokers (Ideal Pro): 21 500-tick bars in 2 hours for EUR/USD

Screenshots below.

Nicolas

LMAX (EUR/USD 500 ticks):
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

MB Trading (EUR/USD 500 ticks):
Please register on futures.io to view futures trading content such as post attachment(s), image(s), and screenshot(s).

FXCM within eSignal feed (EUR/USD 500 ticks):

ProRealTime (EUR/USD 500 ticks):

Interactive Brokers (Ideal Pro) (EUR/USD 500 ticks):

Last edited by Nicolas11; May 9th, 2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Addition of MB Trading feed
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Nicolas11 for this post: