Which broker and/or data feed to trade FOREX with TICK charts? | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

Which broker and/or data feed to trade FOREX with TICK charts?

near Paris, France

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: -
Favorite Futures: -

Thanks to both of you for these first answers.

It also allows me clarifying the question and its context (Mike's "why").

First, I confirm I mean spot FOREX (typically: EUR.USD) and not currency futures (typically: 6E).

I am not considering tick charts or smaller timeframe because of the illusion of smaller stop-loss and so smaller risk.

I am considering FOREX because:
- as Mike said, it allows small position, so it allows leaving SIM mode quickly to face real trading (with its psychological aspects) without risking too much capital;
- in case of consistent profitability, it allows increasing position size progressively (for instance: 0.1% of capital per trade then 0.2% then... until 1%), without psychologically suffering too much from the "steps" linked to the number of contracts with futures.

In addition, I also like tick charts, because I feel the price action is easier to read, at least for my eyes and my methods. Moreover, I am currently working on some "compression then breakout" patterns. And such compression could be easier to read on a tick char. (A narrow candle on a tick chart shows that lots of contracts have changed hands without impact on the price whereas a narrow candle on minute chart could just mean that everybody was having lunch.)

It is why I was asking about practical possibilities to have FOREX + tick chart + live trading.

Thanks again

Nicolas

Last edited by Nicolas11; May 6th, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: correction of typo
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote