Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable! | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!

Chicago, IL. USA

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: IRT
Broker/Data: Stage5/IQ Feed
Favorite Futures: ES

Cloudy: What ever amount of risk capital you have might work if you can adjust the product you trade plus costs so the % that is in line with your equity size...

Early on in the StoneAge I traded Bean Oil, Corn, Soybean Meal... they are low margin products and the tick value is not outrageous... Bean products for example track Soybeans which are like greased lightening... so you could get less volatility with the products but allow yourself to trade a live market tied to a volatile product so you can toughen up your psyche... and learn to read market/proce behavior...

I'm sure there are better markets today where you can scale down the point size and still employ some good money management... potential scales to better manage risk...

I believe a 2 lot is a minimum configuration... IMHO the first scale is specifically to reduce risk at a high probability target based on volatility... then you can manage the other postion (s) according to your plan - another topic all together..

If you do not have this process then do SIM until you can achieve CP..

If 1% or less is what you need then scale down what you trade to fit. The trading process is pretty much generic across the spectrum with the exception of specific individual market idiosyncicies...

Maybe some others here can give you some suggestions...

Regards,

Tom

Nothing To It But To Do It
The following 4 users say Thank You to roztom for this post: