ninjaindicators4u looks interesting | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

ninjaindicators4u looks interesting

Elite Member
desert CA

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, TOS
Broker/Data: AMP/wCQG, TDA
Favorite Futures: CL,YM

Thank you very much Jayminho for relating details of your longer experience with triangletrend indicators.
It help confirms what I was afraid of. Nailing close to the exact top and bottom like he does is extremely hard to duplicate by anyone else. One could incur a lot of losses before finally catching on a trend.

I emailed him the question about live trades too. He also said the same thing about age and energy and yes, I can respect that. But at the same time I don't see what the problem is recording the whole session and just editing it to show live entry and skip ahead to the live exit with the common video software out there now. He certainly knows how to do transitions on his videos. Al Brooks in his recorded live webinars has an editing program that only re-records the video when he's talking so as to condense the recorded videos and not the whole 6 hour NYSE session.

Did you get the RWO indicator? It was supposed to replace linear regression and rsquared. I found I prefer using RWO for divergences than DMIDiff. But actually I could still use the ol MACD just as well for divergences.

And imo, TriangleTrend101 and it's oscillator counterpart BinaryTriangle are the least effective of the triangle indicators. Why? because it's absurdly simple to see Renko bars forming a new "triangle". There's no real edge to drawing colored hypotenuses on Renko bars is there?

If anyone else is curious, the SwingCycleVB is the best out of the bunch if you're going to buy only one of the indicators. But I bet a good coder like FatTails could make something similar as it's color coded to hidden bollinger band values. Heck, I could probably make something similar, I've coded and modified a couple for myself. Just that I'm spending most of my time trying to be trading profitably rather than coding indicators. Just put a stochastic on overlay on price like the Felton method, and put another oscillator on overlay and now you have something similar to SwingCycleVB.

Thanks for showing your setup Jayminho. I'll give it a try. I guess this is the case yet again where one has to make indicators work with one's own methods instead of following the exact methods of the creator if it can be duplicated at all. But at this moment my sentiment is to burn the indicators in the trash if I could and get drunk listening to that ol' western tavern piano music of the triangle trend videos, Doc Holliday's magik Eeeelixer!

Last edited by Cloudy; February 24th, 2012 at 01:08 PM.

Page generated 2018-08-15 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix