M6E Session Changeover | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

M6E Session Changeover

Toronto, Canada

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MT4
Broker/Data: Amp/CQG, Citibank
Favorite Futures: CL, GC, 6E, ES, TF, EURUSD, GBPJPY, AUDUSD

The minis aren't all they're cracked up to be, or advertised

FT said it all. I noticed you're also with Amp Futures; they do list all the overnight (and day) margin needs here: AMP Margins . But, the list is notorious for not getting updated if margin changes, so do be cautious, although one really should not be keeping positions past the close if the account is that small.

I have found the liquidity on any of the mini currency instruments to be downright atrocious. When I did study it, it did not follow 6E around terribly well. And these days, currencies are seeing little action (movement or volume) past 11am NY time, which will add to M6E's trading issues.

Unless one is sure of a move, and is looking for 'candy' to hold a few days or something, trading these is not really recommended. Not to mention, in NinjaTrader, there is some sort of Amp settlement bug that they don't confess to, but between 10pm-11pm EST when they square off with the exchange, many open positions go wonky and seem to "change" entry levels (if one traded in and out of those same instruments during the day.) The helpdesk admits it, but no one else seems to. Weird.

Follow me on Twitter Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Beljevina for this post: