Some highly recommended books | Traders Hideout

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Traders Hideout

Discuss day trading practices and futures trading strategies on this forum for all markets. This forum is also for discussing and reviews for brokers, data feeds, and commercial or third party add-ons

Some highly recommended books

Tulsa, OK

Trading Experience: Beginner
Platform: Jigsaw, Ninja Trader, Sierra Chart
Broker/Data: Ninjatrader/Rithmic
Favorite Futures: G&L Tribute Series Rampage

What was I thinking?

There are tons of trading books. Topics range from fundamentalist perspective to psychology to "If you want to make $120394810 a year, buy my whiz-bang software" to everything in between. I've got and have read a lot of these books, just like most others have. All that means is that I'm reading and thinking the same way everyone else is. So I look for things outside of trading that may be applicable to trading - both personally and already in play in general.

So here are a few recent and current reads (all are available on Amazon or similar) that have been well worth the price of admission:

Recent
The Power of Full Engagement
Talent Is Overrated
The Talent Code
Slaying the Dragon

Current
Thinking, Fast and Slow
More Than You Know
Think Twice
Thinking Strategically

I chose not to go into why each has been important to me because I have no desire to influence someone else's experience. Something life-changing to me could be less than a disposable napkin to someone else. Worse, it could be the opposite. Always remember, the Grail is you.

I am on a constant journey to improve myself - in trading and in life. These and many other resources have had a positive impact on both.

Take care -

Omni

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote