Trading the Jam way | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Trading the Jam way

Juno Beach

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja and TS
Broker/Data: Optimus Futures / Matt
Favorite Futures: multiple

trendisyourfriend View Post
If i were to teach someone how to trade, i would focus my efforts on two things: the importance of the process of becoming specialized in 'one thing' in regard to price action and the process of becoming a good thinker.

A good example of what i had in mind regarding specialization is in my opinion the guy who is called the Gap guy. Someone that trades the Futures markets could possibly focus on the 1 minute range and maybe add the initial balance into the mix and try to become an expert about price action around these levels. There could be the last half hour of trading which offers very good opportunities. In fact, when you focus your attention on one thing and do it with diligence then you eliminate many things which for all intent and purpose are secondary and more of a distraction than anything else. Let's consider another example which occurs frequently, price makes a high and low during the globex session (night session for someone who resides in the Eastern time zone like me). When price makes a repeated visit to these levels during the day session, how could you possibly try to profit from these significant levels ? Could you develop your bread and butter trade setup around these levels ? How should you proceed if you have no experience ? etc. That's the type of practical concerns i would try to address before making people read books or lose their time trying to talk about thousand of patterns they may encounter.

Great point! Specializing in a specific setup or group of setups is important and in the context that you have laid it out, yes it works this way.

For myself and my trading, I specialize in these price patterns and techniques that I am sharing and trade with them every day. I look at these levels, I study these patterns and trade based on them on a multiple timeframe basis! Everything that I am teaching here I trade with. Trend, feel free to add any trading methodology that you have and we can all learn

JAM