EURUSD 6E Euro | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

EURUSD 6E Euro

Market Wizard
Berlin, Europe

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader, MultiCharts
Broker/Data: Interactive Brokers
Favorite Futures: Keyboard

trendisyourfriend View Post
Thanks Guys,

I had forgotten the end of the RTH session was 2:00 PM CT for the 6E but i still have a question. Where can i see the last price that occured at 4:00 PM CT on the CME web. It's not here at this URL: CME 6E

And regarding the anaPivotDailyV38 indicator, what do you suggest as settings to get the correct daily pivots, the pivot levels a Forex trader would most probably use as as far as i am concerned the settlement price does not apply to the Forex market.

The last price 4:00 PM CT is not shown on the CME website under Settlements.

Pivots were a floor trader tool, and obviously they work better with floor traded instruments then currencies.

But to answer your question. The default settings of the anaPivotsDailyV38 indicator use

- the settlement price a 2:00 PM CT
- the high and low of the Globex session

to calculate the pivots. But decide yourself. The charts below show

(1) ETH pivots with settlement price
(2) RTH pivots with settlement price
(3) ETH pivots with ETH close
(4) RTH pivots with RTH close

The indicator allows you to display the pivots in all ways. (1) is the default option, as I believe that the regular trading hours at CME have little importance for FOREX instruments. An alternative would be option 3.

Attached Thumbnails
EURUSD 6E Euro-option-1-eth-pivots-dailybars.jpg   EURUSD 6E Euro-option-2-rth-pivots-dailybars.jpg   EURUSD 6E Euro-option-3-eth-pivots-close.jpg   EURUSD 6E Euro-option-4-rth-pivots-close.jpg  
The following user says Thank You to Fat Tails for this post: