BMT Q&A Session Dec 17th 3PM EST | Feedback and Announcements

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Feedback and Announcements

Have a suggestion or other feedback for the futures.io forum? This section also contains news and site announcements related to the futures.io forums

BMT Q&A Session Dec 17th 3PM EST

Site Administrator
Manta, Ecuador

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: My own custom solution
Favorite Futures: E-mini ES S&P 500

BMT Q&A Session Dec 17th 3PM EST

Hello everyone,

Please mark your calendars for Thursday, Dec 17 2009 at 3:00PM EST, and come join us on the chatbox for an open question and answer session. This is our second session, and will be one hour long like the first.

It is our intention to make such sessions routine going forward, and we'll refine and improve upon them as time goes on. This will likely be the last session until after the New Year.

For this, our second session, we will run it much like the first since I expect the different time frame will attract a different group of traders who were unable to attend the first chat. So, on Thursday Dec 17 @ 3PM EST, we'll be allowing any questions regarding trading including but not limited to:

- Platform related
- Indicator related
- Trend following
- Money management
- Psychology
- Technical support

In the event we have a very large turn out, please take note of some proper chatbox etiquette. This will help keep things easier to follow for all involved.

- When responding in chat, please prefix your message with "@username" so we know who your message is intended for. For instance, if I am responding to user sam028, I will put "@sam - blah blah msg here" so it is clear for everyone that what I wrote was in response to something sam asked.

- If you are going to ask a question, please first take a minute to make sure it hasn't already been asked. Just scroll the chatbox to take a peek. Otherwise, ask away!

- If you know the answer to someones question, feel free to respond. Just try to be certain you are right to avoid confusing anyone

At the end of the session, we will create a dump (copy/paste) of the chat log, and put it into a forum thread for future archiving and easy reference.

I look forward to seeing you there!

Mike

Due to time constraints, please do not PM me if your question can be resolved or answered on the forum.

Need help?
1) Stop changing things. No new indicators, charts, or methods. Be consistent with what is in front of you first.
2) Start a journal and post to it daily with the trades you made to show your strengths and weaknesses.
3) Set goals for yourself to reach daily. Make them about how you trade, not how much money you make.
4) Accept responsibility for your actions. Stop looking elsewhere to explain away poor performance.
5) Where to start as a trader? Watch this webinar and read this thread for hundreds of questions and answers.
6)
Help using the forum? Watch this video to learn general tips on using the site.

If you want
to support our community, become an Elite Member (see why)

Follow me on Twitter Visit my Facebook Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote