EURUSD 6E Euro | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

EURUSD 6E Euro

La Jolla, CA

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: Sierra Chart, X_Trader Pro, OptionsCity
Broker/Data: Advantage, Trading Technologies, OptionsCity, IQ Feed
Favorite Futures: CL, NG

monpere View Post
I realize the majority of traders use multiple charts, with one or more higher time frames to get the 'big' picture. I happen not to use higher time frame charts, and don't really care what the overall market is doing. What ever is happening on a higher time frame is also happening on my small trading chart they are the same market. I can somewhat understand trading a higher time frame, and using a smaller time frame to fine tune an entry. But if I am trading small swings in a small time frame, not sure what a larger time frame does for me. Looking at the chart posted there are 6 days of what to me seems like nothing going on this higher time frame chart. Does that mean you are not trading for 6 days until this chart shows something happening on the 7th day? There's probably pure gold inside most of those 15 min bars.

This is funny... Are you even reading what I write here? Yes, the last few days were range bound as clearly evident on the chart shown previously. With that context being observed, I traded those ranges based on my intra-day set up which is off of a smaller periodicity chart. How is this conversation morphing from what happened today in the Euro to a battle of who's trading method is superior? Lol!

The following user says Thank You to Private Banker for this post: