EOT Automated System | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

EOT Automated System

Trading for Fun
Dallas TX/USA

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES

cunparis View Post
As I mentioned in a previous post. the S&P is widely used for hedging. Someone could take off a spread or a hedge and you'd see a big transaction. That doesn't mean that the trader had a directional bias on the S&P.

Also the large trader categories are separated into commercial hedgers & speculators. They do not trade together inside each category. The early (smart) speculators are now selling to the late-comer (dumb) speculators. So even in a large trader group there is "smart" and "dumb".

Yeah I definitely agree with you on these points. One thing that always made me cringe was the way Bill would talk about smart and dumb money in EOT's marketing materials, and how he'd keep saying "volume leads price." It wasn't slick marketing, as some people suggested. I know from talking to him that he really does think about the indicator this way. But to me it's an over-generalization that would hurt our reputation with people that knew better. It's also why my splitter wasn't just a delta profile... if all I cared about was the delta I wouldn't bother splitting the trade sizes out in the first place.

Anyway, sorry to hijack the thread, and I hope you know I'm not singling you out, cunparis. I just try to get the word out whenever I can: splitters are neither holy nor grail-shaped.

The following 5 users say Thank You to Richard for this post:

Page generated 2018-10-17 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix