EOT Automated System | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

EOT Automated System

Trade with the flow
Paris, France

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Market Delta & Ninjatrader
Favorite Futures: ES

Silvester17 View Post
interesting. now it makes sense to me to use vol spitters. since everything is unbundled.

CME More Ticks per Day!|Move the Markets

at least I'm not the only one

Silvester17 View Post
I don't think we're talking about the same thing. example. 10 orders to buy 50 shs at $ 10. before october it would show up as 500 shs at $ 10. and that's simply not correct. but now it is. that's why it makes more sense to use vol spitters.

I do not believe that is correct.

Your example would increase the trade size from 50 to 500. What I have shown is that the avg order size has decreased by roughly 50% (maybe 2.5x).

So what it'd show now, using your original example, 5 orders to buy 25 shares at $10 and 5 orders to buy 25 shares at $10. In this case you do not know the two orders came from the same trader, and both orders do not meet the volume split minimum of say 50 shares. So your splitter will show two "dumb" transactions and zero "smart" transactions.

I think the correct way to use volume is to compare the volume at the bid & ask. 50 shares is 50 shares, doesn't matter if they come from the same trader or 50 traders. In the market it's the order flow that moves price, not the trade size.

To place more importance on some transactions than others is to assume way too much about those transactions. As I mentioned in a previous post. the S&P is widely used for hedging. Someone could take off a spread or a hedge and you'd see a big transaction. That doesn't mean that the trader had a directional bias on the S&P.

Also the large trader categories are separated into commercial hedgers & speculators. They do not trade together inside each category. The early (smart) speculators are now selling to the late-comer (dumb) speculators. So even in a large trader group there is "smart" and "dumb".

Page generated 2018-07-20 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix