YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com)

Elite Member
desert CA

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, TOS
Broker/Data: AMP/wCQG, TDA
Favorite Futures: CL,YM

I couldn't handle drawing lines from the previous session. Too tedious and ambiguous for me. So thanks to cjbooth's introduction of the kwik-pop and JS Services indicators, I let them do the s/r lines update for me. I also use the "jhLTDSetup" indicator used in Sharky's method in one of his templates. I found it helpful in generally showing when price is contained in a trading range consolidation or showing when price has broken out and may be trending.

How is this all related to YTC? I have YTC PAT and am still reading it but I like his ideas about what "objectively" defines an ongoing trend based on pivots of prior swing highs/lows or a greater than 1-2-3 pattern into a trading range. Just that I let KwikPop's "pivot2color" indicator draw the pivots for me and let JS Services draw support and resistance lines for me updated daily through their "quantkey" connection software.

As to what to do when you're in a trade and it slows down at a resistance level? I guess you could settle for taking it off for a smaller profit. Or take half contracts off if you're using more than than 1 contract, then wait and see, and then you have a breakeven/free trade.

Last edited by Cloudy; December 2nd, 2011 at 07:56 AM.

Page generated 2018-08-14 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix