Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Victoria, TX

Trading Experience: Master
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Mirus Futrues, Zen-Fire, IQFeed, Kinetick
Favorite Futures: 6E, CL, GC

Trader Duck View Post
monpere: "I believe that all the trading education outfits out there are business solely geared to make profits for their owners. These educators are teaching because they can't make a living trading. I did programming work for one of these outfits for 2 years, so I knew the internals of that particular education service.

Why would you want to spend 10 hour days in a trading room, and doing sales, and preparing presentations, doing back end customer related work, etc. etc. for a small education business, if you can spend a few hours a day trading and making a good income? When you ask them, they will say, "I do this because I love teaching", That is pure bull !!!, they do it because it's easier for them to make a living that way then for them to make a living trading."

I don't agree with you, some really do like to teach. Some are snake oil and some are not. The more you have studied, the better your chance to pick a good one.
If I could get my money back from every method I bought, I would say, "No thanks, I got my money's worth."
It seems like the good ones give a free trial. That's a pretty good indication that they think their method will sell itself. Having said that, let me add that I havn't found any that I thougt were great teachers, but they do know how to trade. Felton didn't impress me. I've seen his teaser webinars and my trading method (to me) is better.

Two interesting sides of the coin. Monpere takes a more narrow but understandable view of the trading education industry. The vast majority of trading "gurus" have no business teaching something they can't do. In this business, even free advice can be terribly expensive if it's wrong. If teaching traders to be their best involved all the work monpere describes, I'd probably take his advice and just trade. But nearly every business involves teamwork where the best people are hired to perform specific duties. In this business, no single person can do it all. But I honestly love what I do and I'll not apologize for that.

Trader Duck brings up another good point. Nobody will ever be able to be all things to all traders. One of the first things I tell students is to never abandon what is working for them already. Trader Duck's system is, in his words, better than mine . He's trading a system he fully understands, not mine which he doesn't. Logically speaking, Trader Duck's system is evidently already providing a nice income for him and keeps him in the top 10% of the world's traders consistently. I commend Trader Duck for not being tempted to change horses in the middle of a race he's already winning. That would make no sense.

In my entire working life, as with most people, everything involved providing a service of some kind that was needed by others whether is was as an employee or running a company. This aspect of "working" has always been very important to me and I always strived to be the best at whatever I did. I got tremendous satisfaction in knowing that effort made other's lives better in some way. With pure trading, I'm not providing a service to anyone. The money is great, but something huge is missing.

Over the years, I've found that you can never argue personal values with someone that believes all that matters in life is making money. Personally, I don't think any individual possesses the wisdom to tell others how they should earn a living or what their personal motivations should be. But I could be wrong.

It always struck me as extremely odd that Trading Education is the only arena where the educators are vilified, not on the basis of their talents and knowledge, but simply because of the field in which they teach.