Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Order Flow Analytics (www.orderflowanalytics.com)

Raleigh North Carolina

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja Trader
Favorite Futures: ES, levered ETF's

OFA

traderTX View Post
Init,
it would sure be nice to hear how you use ofa software, here how you are doing it with it, etc.
i have looked at ofa's utube videos but have not done the free tour of ofa's room.

Well, The training videos mainly woke me up to the use of stop runs and how to use them to your advantage. I always thought I had a good overall system. But my big problem about half the time was getting shook out. Once I knew the meaning behind some false breakouts, I would incorporate them into range breakouts in LOW energy ranges. I dont have the software yet, so I would look at his vol cluster charts in the trade room "for example" when we would breakdown from a range and wait for the retracement, the guys in the room knew to the tick where they wanted to enter which was just in front of the cluster (if the cluster qualified) because if the cluster was violated with big prints, then you would be out. (false break) showing that the buyers were aggressive to go across that line. It didnt work all the time, but the important thing I learned was that now I had a Logical defined line in the sand so now I could trade larger because my risk was smaller. The main thing was to look for clusters of clusters on one side of the range and then as it moves away, you know to look for more of a slingshot at about 6-8 ticks from those areas.
Right now I am switching over from zen-fire to IQfeed and I'm trying to use IB's T&S (that i'm not used to) and am down $500 two days in a row. I have to get set up soon with something before I do anymore daytrading.
hope that helps a little

The following user says Thank You to Init for this post: