Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable! | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!

desert CA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, TOS, TWS
Broker/Data: AMP, DT, TDA
Favorite Futures: CL,NQ,YM

I know what you mean. I had started "pyramiding" paper trades instead of accepting stop losses at one point in my simu trading. Then it became a bad habit. And I did it twice on live, and that was all it took to take a severe damaging blow to my live account. The first time it worked, the second time it didn't. Hopefully this is a psychological lesson learned as I've realized pyramiding turns the odds more into gambling odds.

I had seen this pyramiding from a trading room "instructor"/host earlier in my trading education. When he got into a bad trade (about half the time) he would keep adding another contract as it went against him and would say "do as I say, not as I do!" as he was kind of a joker. Then next week he would say his position got back to even after 14 more hours. It was probably a demo account and I don't frequent that room anymore.

Since then I've forced myself to take my stop losses on practice sim sessions, and take that as a barometer of my poor trading if it occurred too often.

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Cloudy for this post: