YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com)

Elite Member
Buckeye Nation

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja Trader
Broker/Data: Amp/CQG, TOS
Favorite Futures: CL, 6E, YM and ES

Got it

Adamus View Post
Hi Kulu

with some experience of trying to identify the trapped traders locations on charts in hindsight, I can say the main thing you look for is the big move when the stops get hit. Very often I don't see it, the setup might be logical but there is no distinctive blast-off out of the setup. So yes you are right, it must be difficult to see in real-time.

You have to look at the setup and determine for yourself where the trapped traders' stops would be. The absence of the big move though when that point is reached indicates that maybe your premise was wrong or at least that there's more risk that it'll go the other way, so you have the option to bail out without a loss.

That though is just the opinion of a neophyte with this strategy, so don't take my word for it. To be honest, I haven't read that in Lance Beggs' YTC PAT book, it's just my theory, but if it doesn't pan out that why I'm certainly going to ask him to say more on the subject. It certainly seems to work for him.

Thanks for your explanation. I just don't trade the setup for the reasons given above, but I like the idea. Maybe someday I will "get it" I just like my supply and demand levels. They get the job done for me.

Good day

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix