YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com)

Elite Member
London, UK

Futures Experience: Beginner
Platform: NinjaTrader, home-grown Java
Broker/Data: IB/IQFeed
Favorite Futures: EUR/USD

kulu View Post
I do not trade the trapped traders concept. It just makes sense after price has moved. I was fascinated by it, but couldn't find the setups on a live market. Again, this is not to say it doesn't work, I just couldn't see it.

The supply and demand levels that YTC and Seiden use are my bread and butter. However, like Seiden said in one of his webinars, it's pretty scary when you are asked to place a sell/buy limit order when price is heading into the supply/demand zone. Today was a perfect example, an overall bullish day, price moving towards supply levels (CL, TF, EMD and FDAX). I just took one of the trades and took a breakeven trade on it.

Kulu

Hi Kulu

with some experience of trying to identify the trapped traders locations on charts in hindsight, I can say the main thing you look for is the big move when the stops get hit. Very often I don't see it, the setup might be logical but there is no distinctive blast-off out of the setup. So yes you are right, it must be difficult to see in real-time.

You have to look at the setup and determine for yourself where the trapped traders' stops would be. The absence of the big move though when that point is reached indicates that maybe your premise was wrong or at least that there's more risk that it'll go the other way, so you have the option to bail out without a loss.

That though is just the opinion of a neophyte with this strategy, so don't take my word for it. To be honest, I haven't read that in Lance Beggs' YTC PAT book, it's just my theory, but if it doesn't pan out that why I'm certainly going to ask him to say more on the subject. It certainly seems to work for him.

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you.
The following user says Thank You to Adamus for this post:

Page generated 2018-11-18 in 0.08 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix