Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Phoenix AZ

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Favorite Futures: oil, gold, silver, selected currency futures and grains

JWH - The struggles you mention are not unusual, even for traders with many years of experience. In fact, I'm not sure those kinds of things ever disappear completely, but I do think you can get a grip on them over time. The concentration thing is rough; especially when your scalping and you need to focus intently on those screens for long periods of time looking for setups. It's a big problem for me. When I can't find good setups I tend to drift and lose my focus. I try to make a point of not staying at the monitors for too long a period without getting up and leaving the room for while. I also give myself a specific time period to make live trades, usually pre-market to NYSE open, and about 2 hours thereafter. I have come to terms with making as few trades a day as possible to hit a reasonable daily dollar amount goal, allowing only for the best setups. If time passes without finding any, I let it go for the day.This is just me. Others may have different ways of trading. The one thing about this business is there is no one way to do things. It's really about finding your own style, after you have tackled the technical basicsand have arrived at a few reliable setups that produce a high percentage of winners. The psychology part of it is an ongoing journey from my view. All the best with your live work.

Last edited by esplorare; September 16th, 2011 at 11:30 PM. Reason: text size too large
The following 2 users say Thank You to esplorare for this post: