Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Has anyone ever heard of Felton Trading? (www.feltontrading.com)

Phoenix AZ

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja
Favorite Futures: oil, gold, silver, selected currency futures and grains

I don't know about the number of traders using Metatrader vs. Ninja, but I am pretty sure the number using Ninja is very high. It's a good platform when used in conjunction with a good quality real-time data feed and it's very versatile.

Regarding trading sim vs. live, I'd have to agree with eDanny. You need to establish a tight mindset on treating the demo account no different than the live account. If you do not, your sim results will be worthless. A helpful exercise in this regard is to set the dollar amount of your demo account with the exact amount of your live account. This way you will not be tempted to trade 50 contracts and get 3 ticks to fix a trade gone bad. Also, be sure your demo account P&L deducts for commissions and fees on all of your trades.

On another note, moving from sim to live trading is always taxing on the psyche. Your head knows you have real money at risk when you trade live and it drives your emotions to a heightened level. Discipline and controlling your emotions are easy hurdles when trading a demo account; not so for live trading. If your method of trading works consistently in sim, it should also work in live trading. The problem is handling the psychological part of live trading, and that takes serious focus and self-discipline.