YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com)

Elite Member
Netherlands

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninjatrader
Favorite Futures: 6E

However though the trapped traders concept feels intuitive when reading about it, I find it really hard to learn and practice. I guess it's the paradigm shift I'm having trouble with: too frequently I end up looking at the setups in a purely technical way (candle patterns, trend strength etc) and I forget to analyse whether there might be trapped traders in there or not.

What I found helpful: when I was trading in sim, I also took a lot of setups which did not end a succesfull trade ( offcourse now also a lot ;-)). Then when I was in, price halted and would take my stop out. I think it can help when you see a particular setup, which you think will fail, and imagine a past experience where you thought " %$#& this ain't gonna work, got to get out ". And then you can take the other side.

An example attached in the chart. This morning I saw 6E made a pullback, but some voice in my head said : " this is not a trending morning, so it will probably fail". ( Offcourse we always have doubt, but just for purpose of showing to you ). See the chart for what I used to think when I was in such a situation before, bar for bar. The red numbers in leftcorners shows what happened bar for bar

But I must say, I didnt take that opposite trade although I expected the pullback to fail, haven't investigated it enough to trade it with confidence.

Attached Thumbnails
YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com)-b1.jpg   YTC Price Action Trader (www.ytcpriceactiontrader.com)-b2.jpg  
The following 3 users say Thank You to Zwaen for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-15 in 0.07 seconds with 12 queries on phoenix