how is eotpro's ncep working | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

how is eotpro's ncep working

Elite Member
Chicago

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: Linn Software Investor R/T
Broker/Data: Vankar
Favorite Futures: Pipe Organ

EOTPRO Open House Sep 7

I noticed this EOT link on NT email (i should unsubscribe), and somewhat distractedly visited their website. The intro was not uninteresting as the talk centered around data feeds and the discrepancies among them. This lead to further discussion of competing with HFT's which comprise "80%" of market volume. Not my statistic and I'm not sure of exactly which market or exchange of which he is speaking. This is interesting though as the CME is employing or will employ new servers to serve HFT and "ultra" HFT community. When EOT began discussing latency and the need for two feeds I began to wonder why NT would even be a consideration for him? They would not even make the minor league let alone come anywhere those traders--this is t-ball in comparison. And they want to scalp "against" HFTs?
The subject is interesting but trying to scalp now is not enticing; short term trading (day-trading) yes, and other vehiciles. From what I've read and come to believe lately, scalpers are unlikely to remain solvent over time, unless you can sustain something like an 80% win rate, in a 1:1 trade scenario.
I do not make a living trading but I took my first trade (handed to me by a friend and a broker) an options trade just before the Shah of Iran was overthrown and lost money (I went fishing, literally), and I am still here.

If interested see Flash Crash presentation:

"The Impact of High Frequency Trading on an Electronic Market,"
By Andrei A. Kirilenko, Albert S. Kyle,
Mehrdad Samadi, and Tu˘gkan Tšuzšu

http://www.uic.edu/cba/icfd/20110826_Kyle_UIC_07.pdf

Page generated 2018-08-19 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix