Experience at Live Trading Rooms | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Experience at Live Trading Rooms

Chicago IL

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, MT4,TOS, SC, Matlab
Broker/Data: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Favorite Futures: E/U, G/U

Nobody talks about LIVE trades as they happen in a trading room.....

I haven't read this entire thread, but just some thoughts on the various trading rooms I've been in.

What I've always wanted to see in a trading room was someone actively entering and managing a trade. And their thought process when they manage their trade as its in progress. But in ALL BUT ONE trading room I have been in have I ever seen this.

The moderator often says what he thinks about a trade while it's in the process of setting up. But never actually whether he trades it or not. And if that info is put out, it's always 'AFTER THE FACT.' I don't know if it's just the moderator bs'ng, or if it is the trader's fear of publicly being wrong in front of others with the possibility of losing?

The ONLY room where I ever saw a trader place actual LIVE trades as they occurred in his platform with arrows and all was a PAID room I was in for about a two months. He was totally discretionary, and would have different reasons for managing most trades, but I did get to see him manage trades. I saw this guy take a few points from ES most days he traded it. Jared no longer runs that room, and I believe he is now managing a hedge fund. But he was the ONLY person that I have actually personally VERIFIED could trade profitably day in and day out.

Everyone else usually tells you about their trades in hindsight, or at least after the trade is already in some type of profit.

Last edited by forrestang; August 28th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
The following user says Thank You to forrestang for this post: