MSA - Market System Analyzer (www.adaptrade.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

MSA - Market System Analyzer (www.adaptrade.com)

Elite Member
UK

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja
Broker/Data: Mirus/Zen
Favorite Futures: Futures - bonds, currencies, index

For what it's worth, most of my ninja strats have a couple of options which switch on writing trade data to a file. I then have a load of perl scripts and gnuplot (for graphs) to analyse that data. This is not so much for doing clever things like removing outliers, but more for looking at graphs and stats for a portfolio, or a collection of walk forward sessions. Or for fixing obvious things that ninja stupidly doesn't do - like proper max drawdown over multiple instruments, or trades/day doing business days only.

What I would say, though, is that the Ninja output is perfectly sufficient in the vast majority of cases to tell whether or not your strategy is worthwhile to continue with. I wouldn't say buying an extra tool is suddenly going to make your optimisation and development process any better.

The following user says Thank You to Xeno for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-16 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix