Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable! | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!

desert CA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NT7, TOS, TWS
Broker/Data: AMP, DT, TDA
Favorite Futures: CL,NQ,YM

Bobby has moved on to "ten thousand in education and finally profitable thread".

But I thought this was just hilarious. Picture of the book for "the serious trader"
beside the trader bum who lost his money. Up on the main page side by side:
(maybe this is a tad too much picking on poor Bobby?)

On the other hand Bobby is not alone. Al Brooks said in his futures.io (formerly BMT) presentation June 29th about 10 minutes
into the webinar that he lost $10k while hiring a mentor to teach him trading. Then chucked all education and spent the next 10 years and 20000 hours working on his PA methods... Mentoring can be expensive. Someone recommended to me for Sheridan mentoring via CBOE.com on how to adjust option spreads which costs $4k to $6k
for a mentoring package. Preston James group had a different person call me every other month offering mentoring "courses" for $8k to $10k for "deluxe". Many vendor "partners" of Ninjatrader offer indicators and mentorships or training courses that run the price range from hundreds of dollars to a couple of thousands or more. Be careful, read reviews. glta

Attached Thumbnails
Ten-thousand in Education and still not profitable!-bobby-brooks.jpg  

Last edited by Cloudy; July 28th, 2011 at 08:57 PM.
Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Cloudy for this post: