TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

TEN-THOUSAND IN EDUCATION, FINALLY PAYING OFF

Bala, PA, USA

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Mirus, IB
Favorite Futures: SPY, Oil, Euro

bobbyacim View Post
WOW!! Monpere, I don't think anyone can say it better- Thank you for getiing to the crux of the issue with laser precision.

Too bad this setup I have returned to can not be backtested automatically, cause as you have explained; if it can not be coded, it can not be auto backtested. I did take about 200 Sim trades with it a while back with good results.

From what your telling me, lots of Vendors who's system is mechanical with a dash of subjectivity have the perfect "out" for not giving you your money back. Cause if it can't be auto backtested, then they can say that "you are the problem not the system"

You know, Traders international, R. felton, etc all have systems that are almost all mechananical, but with a sprinkle of subjectivity, thats whey they can not just give you a manual, they have to show you the NUANCE of the system(subjective)

So when it does not work, the problem is you!! OUCH....

Exactly, the moment a vendor mentions the word discretionary, then if you make money, then it is because of their awesome system, but if you lose money, the problem will always be you, not their system. It is a win-win situation for them.

You should approach any discretionary system you buy as a learning opportunity, not as a money press. Even though a system may not make money for you, you may be able to learn a couple of good nuggets from it, that you might use in your own personally derived system later on. I didn't pay $10k for systems, I only paid $2500 for one system, and it was a piece of crap, but I did learn a couple of things in the process of learning and attending the associated trading room. Everything else I learned was on free trials to various rooms, where I learned different market concepts. I am mainly a divergence trader, and I was introduced to divergence in a Felton webinar, and learned the basics of it in the Felton free trial. I never did pay a dime to Felton... I guess I should send him a thank you card now or something

The following 3 users say Thank You to monpere for this post: