My 6E trading strategy | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

My 6E trading strategy

Chicago IL

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: Ninja, MT4,TOS, SC, Matlab
Broker/Data: CQG, AMP, MB, DTN
Favorite Futures: E/U, G/U

Reversal Research

I've had some thoughts on the REVERSAL TRADES over the past as it seems like some I take, and some I don't. It seems like my right brain is trying to draw a correlation between the ones that tend to work out and the ones that fail.

My observation is basically that the swing points that make up the reversal on the 1508, must both "fit" to something. For example, say you had a downtrend, and you observe a reversal setting up on the 1508 below a red cloud. Price then pierces the inside of the cloud. What you would want is to see the swing high stop at some point of resistance, either the 50EMA, the top of the cloud, or possibly a round number.

Next that swing low that prints, you either want it to stop at either the 13ma, the bottom of the cloud, or a round number. If it 'fits' into that Support or Resistance, and you get an entry for the long, it seems like it might be a way to distinguish a good reversal from a bad one.

Hopefully the pics explain what I am getting at. Has anyone else had any similar observations? Just bouncing some ideas around. There also is the possibility of looking at the wicks or bodies of candles for a fit, simliar to DT/DB formations, but just for now this is the idea.

Attached Thumbnails
My 6E trading strategy-prime2011-07-11_123702.jpg   My 6E trading strategy-prime2011-07-11_123724.jpg   My 6E trading strategy-prime2011-07-11_123805.jpg   My 6E trading strategy-prime2011-07-11_123827.jpg   My 6E trading strategy-prime2011-07-11_123912.jpg   My 6E trading strategy-prime2011-07-11_123934.jpg  
The following 8 users say Thank You to forrestang for this post: