My 6E trading strategy | Currency Futures

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Currency Futures

This subforum allows you to find traders that trade Currency Futures. You may post about anything to do with trading currency futures in this section

My 6E trading strategy

Quebec

Trading Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader wt Rancho Dinero's profiling tools
Broker/Data: AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, YM

Lmess View Post
According to one of the posts (post # 42) that trendisyourfriend posted, your placement of the stop was correct, the first upbar after entry was the one at around 9:52 CT. Once the low gets taken out you could move the stop to a tick or two above the high of that upbar. That would be my interpretation of what was mentioned in that post.

However, it depends on what you consider to be a pivot. The upbar at 9:52 did not take out the high of the prior downbar, so in my personal interpretation of price action, I would not consider that to be a pivot. So in my opinion, the stop would move for the first time after the low of the 9:57 bar gets taken out, as that is the first bar to take out the low of the series of upbars which made higher highs in relation to the previous bar. I repeat, this is my interpretation of price action. Now, had I been able to withstand a 14 tick retracement? That's a different (psychological) subject.

Maybe Charles will tell us how he managed his trade.

Here is something i have begun to test for trailing my stop. I use a very clean 3 RangeNoGap chart beside the regular ones (1508/377). As indicator i use the PriceActionSwing(2, standard) and the TriggerLines(20,5) to gauge if momentum is still intact. Each time a new swing is forming i trail my stop. This removes any form of ambiguity and i get a precise price level where to move it. As you'll note, price is hidden on this chart because i use it for one purpose only, ie, knowing when to move my stop.

Attached Thumbnails
My 6E trading strategy-stop_loss_management.jpg  
The following 4 users say Thank You to trendisyourfriend for this post: