Lance Begg vs Al Brooks | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Lance Begg vs Al Brooks

Oslo, Norway

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: CQG, Excel
Favorite Futures: CL

forrestang View Post
I think all discretionary methods are equally useless.

I'm not saying that to say that one can't make money with something learned from someone else..... but I think in the end it's a matter of THAT method making sense to the person trying to deploy it.

I believe they are all just as good, and just as bad as the next one. I'm sure someone has managed to trade with principles from Wyckoff and failed, and then got ahold of Brooks' Method, which may have made more sense that THAT individual..... or vice versa.

Well, per definition a discretionary system can't really be learnt. The key ingredient will be mind of the person trading it. The most important thing for a discretionary trader would be risk and money management in order to remain solvent when wrong.

There are many ways of making money in the markets, and people should do what they feel is best for them.

But there are still a lot of valid concepts in the works of, e.g., Wyckoff. Things like S/R never go out of fashion, and can easily be incorporated in automated systems, as well....

Visit my futures io Trade Journal Reply With Quote