Trade Point Technologies | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Trade Point Technologies

Elite Member
New Orleans, La (Mardi Gras City)

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Ninjatrader / Optimus Futures / AmpFutures
Favorite Futures: ES / 6E / 6B / CL

If it is not profitable, nor predictive, then why was there so much made about it recently on CNBC, WSJ and other news sources?

YouTube - Inside Look - Evolution of High-Frequency Trading - Bloomberg

Bloomberg: "70% of all volume..." HFT

YouTube - Lidt om High Frequency Trading & Flashing

Being a former 'gamer' and 'hacker' I can appreciate using your 'edge' (legal or not) to win. Games such as Quake / Halo / DOOM can be manipulated via software or hacks that typical gamers don't even realize you are using against them.

(BUT YOU WIN).

With millions of dollars on the line, it would be unwise for one to not consider the possibility that this type of manipulation is occurring on the other side of your trade.

(AND THEY WIN)

BTW... Goldman Sach's made $110 million dollars a day last quarter.
At that rate, they will 'own the world' in a short time.

Zoethecus View Post
Guys, I read all of Pat's threads on TL and ET (he is banned) and here's my 2 cents.

A. Urmablume's stuff is for high frequency, large size tick scalping, a style I have no interest in.

B. I think he cherry picked those examples.

C. He never posted anything about how this stuff makes him profitable despite repeated request from members.

D. He never posted any templates are indicators to share with the forum. Instead, he enjoyed dropping little hints about how this stuff is made. Totally the antithesis of this place.

E. I don't believe there are "speculative commercial traders" in this ES market who throw out hundreds or thousands of contracts as a naked bet, like black or red on a roulette wheel. This comes from a reliable source who would know of these things.

F. I don't believe his indicators are predictive despite the few charts posted.

G. I don't believe anyone has predictive indicators for that matter. If they did, they would soon own the world.

Rejoice in the Thunderstorms of Life . . .
Knowing it's not about Clouds or Wind. . .
But Learning to Dance in the Rain ! ! !

Last edited by DavidHP; October 29th, 2009 at 06:26 PM. Reason: new info

Page generated 2018-08-19 in 0.06 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix