Polynomial Pattern Recognition and Forecasting Indicator (www.mooretechllc.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Polynomial Pattern Recognition and Forecasting Indicator (www.mooretechllc.com)

Elite Member
Houston,Tx

Futures Experience: Advanced
Platform: NinjaTrader
Broker/Data: Mirus Futures/Zen-Fire
Favorite Futures: TF

I know a lot of ya'll believe in back testing, but it just don't hold water with me. I have seen a gazillion strategies that all back tested well but failed in real time trading.

What I do put some stock in is gathering empirical data and drilling down to find commonality. For a year I kept an excel spreadsheet on every trade I could categorize. At the end of the year I ran the stats and found that certain formations did indeed have a better percentage of success than others. I still trade off of what i learned from that data. The percentages will fluctuate depending on the mood of the market, but the stats have held up.

Granted, it is quicker and easier to just run a back test . But then again I have heard a lot of guys wives and girlfriends complaining that being quick is not a good thang...

I'm just a simple man trading a simple plan.

My daddy always said, "Every day above ground is a good day!"

Page generated 2018-08-14 in 0.08 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix