Footprint charts (www.fin-alg.com) | Trading Reviews and Vendors

futures.io - futures trading strategies, market news, trading charts and platforms

Trading Reviews and Vendors

Discuss and review vendors of commercial trading products, trading rooms and services, trading indicators or third-party paid add-ons

Footprint charts (www.fin-alg.com)

Market Wizard
Quebec

Futures Experience: Intermediate
Platform: NinjaTrader wt Rancho Dinero's profiling tools
Broker/Data: Stage 5 trading/AMP/CQG
Favorite Futures: ES, NQ, YM

Aragorn View Post
OK so I just started a trial for a footprint chart through Fin-Alg on Ninjatrader (Zen-Fire feed). Does anyone have any experience with the reliability of Zen-Fire's tick data? I mean I know they're a fast feed execution etc. but how is their tick data? Maybe I'm just too new at footprint charts but at the end of an uptrend as the Market (ES) is reversing the Cum. Delta continues to increase as the Market steadily declines. This seems odd to me.

The consensus on futures.io (formerly BMT) forum is that Zen-Fire is not as reliable as DTN/IQ for volume analysis. Zen is free but you get what you pay for. If you are serious about volume analysis you want the best and unfortunately it's not free but to test a product Zen-Fire is enough. You can have a trial subscription with DTN and see by yourself if it's worth it. Usually people that uses volume will want to use other market internal metric like the $tick which is not avaliable with Zen-Fire but is part of the package if you intend to use a third party data provider. If you want to use Ninja exclusively then you can also subscribe to Kinetick - Streaming real time quotes and historical market data

The following user says Thank You to trendisyourfriend for this post:

Page generated 2018-08-22 in 0.07 seconds with 11 queries on phoenix